“Words cannot describe the way I felt when I saw myself in my photos” | Client Interview Monday| Orange County Boudoir Photographer
1. How old are you? I am nineteen years old.
2. What do you do for a living? I am a cast member at the Disneyland Resort.
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? I had been wanting to do one ever since I saw an old friend of mine post photos from her boudoir session with a different photographer. After several months of looking for legitimate photographers, finding Alyssa, and secretly stalking her Instagram, I decided to reach out and try it!
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? I am not self-conscious about my body, but I have never done a boudoir photography session and like most women there are a few parts of my body that I wish looked a certain way. So I was worried about the way I would look on camera and in my photos.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? I was a little nervous a few hours before my session because I had no idea what to expect… BUT IT WAS INCREDIBLE! I don’t think I’ve laughed or smiled so many times in four hours than during my session with Alyssa and her team.
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience? I don’t think it’s possible to pick a favorite part about my experience with Alyssa. I absolutely loved the shoot and all the crazy poses she put me in, and I loved reviewing my photos and ordering products because neither one of us could sit still or stop shouting when my pictures showed up on her screen. It was an amazing day and it’s impossible to just pick one part of it to call my favorite.
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs? I almost cried. Words cannot describe the way I felt when I saw myself in my photos. I had no idea I could look so sexy!
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session? It’s beyond nerve-wracking, I know, but remember to breathe, let loose and have fun. You’re in good hands with Alyssa! She brings out your sexuality in a classy way, and your photos will show you just how beautiful you are!
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session? I almost cried when I saw my photos after the shoot. I think as women, we’re quick to judge ourselves on what we don’t like about our bodies — how our butt looks in that dress, the fact that one boob is always going to be bigger than the other, our stomach’s will never be as flat as we’d like them to be — but while I was looking through my photos I wasn’t thinking about any of those things. I saw just how beautiful I am and that there’s no reason to scrutinize the way I look. I walked out of there with more self-confidence than I’ve ever had and I’m so thankful I did this shoot.
10. How did you like working with Alyssa Michelle and her team? I LOVED working with Alyssa and her team! They are professional, they are all passionate about what they do, and they are HYSTERICAL! I had fun the entire time and I can’t wait to do it again!