“My shoot brought tears of joy and accomplishment to my eyes” | Client Interview Monday | Orange County Boudoir Photographer
1. How old are you? I’m 24 years old
2. What do you do for a living? I am a pharmacy technician and a single mother.
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? I got invited to join her group on Facebook and I was looking through all the pictures she added and I was in complete awe. All the women looked beautiful and looked so comfortable in their own skin. I wanted to feel like that so I took the chance and e-mailed Alyssa. Plus she posted a cute picture of a woman in a tutu that made me want to do it even more!
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? Oh yes TONS! I was really nervous and scared to do a boudoir session with her because I did not like the way my body looked at all. I did a lot of damage over the years to my body that I regret doing and I dont have a flat/toned stomach or any part of my body toned at all so I was afraid that they would show in my photos and it wouldnt look flattering at all.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? Oh my goodness YES!!! I was expecting it to be really uncomfortable in her studio and I was expecting myself to be really awkward. But as soon as I got their I was welcomed so warmly by Alyssa and her team. When we started taking pictures my body was so loose and free that it took ever direction that Alyssa wanted it so easily. She is so easy to talk to and she truly makes it feel like you have known her for years on years!!
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience? Like I could pick a part! Everything was amazing from getting my make-up done and my “mermaid” like hair done, to all the laughs during my shoot all the way to my viewing/ordering day (which was amazing by the way). The whole experience was my favorite and I felt like I was on cloud 9
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs? I literally could not stop smiling!! Oh my gosh my smile was glued to my face. You could easily mistake me for either just getting botox or to looking like the joker by my facial expression 😆 I was completely shocked by how they turned out and by how I looked. I didnt recognize myself at all and it was bringing tears of joy and accomplishment to my eyes. I never saw myself like that nor did I ever think I could look like that either in a million years.
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session? What’s that one famous quote by Nike…oh yeah JUST DO IT! ✔ Throw out all your insecurities and all your negativity out the window and get up and take some damn beautiful pictures! We are our hardest critics and we put ourselves down all the time because we see all these other beautiful women out in the world via internet, television, magazine, etc showing off their beautifully tanned and/or skinny bodies that our society tells us that that is what’s beautiful and sexy and that that is what they want to see in the world more. Society shouldn’t control your life and make up rules on how you need to live your life. You live your life the way you want to and embrace your body! Every single women out in this world is beautiful and sexy. Doing a shoot like this will show you exactly how beautiful and sexy you are. Embrace your voluptuous curves, embrace your small/big breasts, embrace every single part of your body and love the way you are built. You built your body because that is what makes you feel comfortable and because that is what makes you who you are. So get out their and show the world who you are and show the world that this is your body and that this is how your going to look whether they like it or not. Its your opinion that matters the most not anybody else’s.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session? Yes absolutely. I saw myself in a different perspective and saw that the way that I look is beautiful and that I should embody it. I’m not know size 2 and thats okay because seeing myself in those pictures and seeing how happy and sexy I look made me unbelievably proud of the body that I have and proud of myself for taking that challenging leap. I never knew I could be sexy and beautiful in the body that I have if it were for taking these pictures. I feel more comfortable and alive then I ever have before.
10. How did you like working with Alyssa Michelle and her team? It was an amazing experience. Her A-Team was awesome and so welcoming that I definitely would do another shoot with them. All three of these beautiful women truly have a great gift of making all us insecure, nervous and scared women how to feel beautiful and to show us just how beautiful we really are. The vibe they bring into the room is nothing but positive and makes you feel so comfortable and like you are also a part of the team too.
Are you ready for your boudoir experience? Let’s chat, shoot me an email HERE 🙂